Where else can you buy your groceries and enjoy an ale by the fire.
We endevour to supply good seasonal, well sourced food and offer the local community a quality food market to enjoy. Created to compliment our ethos of sourcing quality produce we have invited producers to sell their yield at the Tufnell Park Tavern every Saturday between 11am & 3pm.
We hope to build a viable and sustainable independent market rooted in the local community. This means you can get involved. By either taking a stall or simply buying some goods.
Kate O’Sullivan is the market manager and faces the daunting task of coordinating the stalls. (She can be contacted via the pub)
We hope the market will enrich the quality of life for the local community and build on the Tufnell Park Tavern’s reputation for quality food and drink. The market has been designed for people who love food and drink and care about its provenance.
General Manager Tufnell Park Tavern: Martin Larnach
Market Manager: Kate O’Sullivan
Licensing council: Islington
Support: Arthur Greeves local Lib Dem councillor has been behind our idea from its concept. In addition to his regular good work in the area he has helped us with all legislative procedures we have had to comply with to enable us to set the market up.
Support: Transition Tufnell Park. Having first met Rose who was looking for a venue to host TTP meetings I have grown to appreciate the important work they do in the community. Helping us establish and promote the market is only a small part of what Transition is about but an important part for the community:
· Ted’s Veg : A large vegetable stall offering unsprayed affordable veg direct from his family farm.
· Flavours: Double stall featuring favourites from the deli including pastries, cakes, savoury flans and more. Also new product lines exclusive to the market
· Perry Court Farm Canterbury. Large mixed stall providing Biodynamic fruit, vegetables, eggs and preserves.
· Drove Orchards. Fresh pressed apple juice and a selection of soft fruits. The orchard grows over 150 varieties apples which we’ll be seeing over the coming months.
· The Sweet Tooth Fairy. Bespoke chocolates and cupcakes
· The Honest Carrot. Delicious ready prepared vegan and vegetarian food from an innovative new business in Hornsey.
· Astons Bakery. Award winning bread from Syd Aston and his team. Regarded as one of the premier bakeries working today.
· Homemade Stuff. An original twist on traditional preserves and chutney.
· Ruby Violet.